-Private Introduction to Mountain Bike Skills
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Wanaka, Otago
- Product code: MTBPRIBEG
Intro to mountain bike skills courses- the basic skills so you can feel more confident on your bike and enjoy riding new areas. We cover bike set-up, body position, braking and gears
Basic MTB skills session includes
- Bike set-up- seat, handlebars, tyres and basic maintenance check
- Body position- for descending and climbing with balance, stability and traction
- Brakes- front & rear differences for controlling speed and improving confidence with gradual, consistent and modulated use.
- Gears- change efficiently and accurately to maintain consistent cadence according to speed and terrain
Experience required- This course is ideal for people new to mountain biking who want to understand the basic skills for a good platform to build on to feel more confident.
Fitness required- basic general fitness is ideal to get the most out of the course, but we can work with most situations.
- MTB bike- front or full suspension in good working order (available as extra)
- Bike helmet (available as extra)
- Windbreaker/ waterproof/ warm layers
- Bike shoes or sturdy footwear (we have demo MTB specific shoes for you to borrow FOC)
- Flat pedals highly recommended (rather than clipped in)