Fundamental Flow- MTB skills
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Wanaka, Otago
- Product code: MTBFUN
Mountain bike skills courses- working on fundamentals of body position, braking, gears, cornering and line choice for more flow, fun and confidence on your bike
(Minimum 2 pax for course to run. If you are 1 person, please get in contact direct to book. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fundamental MTB skills session includes
- Bike set-up- seat, handlebars, tyres and basic maintenance check
- Body position- for descending and climbing with balance, stability and traction
- Brakes- front & rear differences for controlling speed and improving confidence with gradual, consistent and modulated use.
- Gears- change efficiently and accurately to maintain consistent cadence according to speed and terrain
- Cornering- to improve traction and stability to help drive the bike where you want it to go
- Line choice- for flow, confidence and efficient lines
Morning tea included
Experience required- This course is ideal for riders who are confident on beginner/intermediate trails, riding off-road on undulating trails or single track and want to cover the basics to progress to more technical terrain.
Fitness required- good general fitness is ideal to get the most out of the course, but we can work with most situations.
- MTB bike- front or full suspension in good working order (available as extra)
- Bike helmet (available as extra)
- Lunch (available as extra)
- Windbreaker/ waterproof/ warm layers
- Bike shoes or Sturdy footwear
- Flat pedals highly recommended